Friday, November 18, 2011

Loaded Baked Potato Soup

I've made this recipe multiple times but somehow have failed to put it on here till now. This recipe is very versatile and you can add any ingredients you desire!

  • 4 lg. baking potatoes (I used 3 cans of diced potatoes--this cuts WAY down on prep time!)
  • 2/3 C butter
  • 2/3 C flour
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  • 6 C milk (I used 5 cups of skim milk and 1 cup 1/2 and 1/2)
  • 1 C sour cream (I used no fat)
  • 4 thinly sliced green onions
  • 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
  • 1 C shredded cheddar cheese
  1. Scrub potatoes, pat dry & cover with foil. Bake for 75 minutes at 350 or until tender; cool completely. (Or use canned potatoes....seriously it makes this recipe a cinch to prepare!)
  2. Peel and cube potatoes.
  3. In a large pot melt the butter, stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Use a whisk to make sure any lumps from the flour are smoothed out.
  4. Gradually add milk a 2 cups at a time. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for a couple minutes or until thickened.
  5. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add cubed potatoes. Heat until warm. Mix in sour cream.
  6. Garnish with bacon, cheese, and green onions or whatever else you feel like!. Yield 8 servings.
Enjoy!!!

No comments: