Monday, April 26, 2010

Oven Fried Chicken

So good and so easy! And a slightly healthier alternative to real fried chicken! :)

Ingredients:
boneless, skinless chicken
buttermilk
Kraft Oven Fried chicken coating (or you can crush up cornflakes and add some seasonings)

I trimmed any fat I saw on the chicken breasts and then cut the breasts into smaller pieces, approximately the size of chicken tenders. Then I dipped them in buttermilk, and coated them with the Kraft mix. This mix was inexpensive, easy and REALLY good!

I placed them on an oiled pan and put them in the oven at 400 degrees for about 25 minutes. We served ours with sweet potato (and regular for the picky eaters!) fries which were equally as delicious. Ore Ida makes some really good ones!

This is a typical southern meal, but I feel as though we made it a little bit healthier and the kids cleaned their plates! (As did mom and dad!) :)

No comments: