1 cup flour
1 cup cornmeal
1 tsp. salt
4 tsp. baking powder
4 eggs
1/2 cup sour cream
1 can (1 lb.) cream-style corn
2 Tbs. oil
3/4 cup grated cheese
1 can (4-oz.) green chilis (optional)
Cooked, crumbled bacon (optional)
Sift dry ingredients together and set aside. Beat eggs until light. Add sour cream, corn (do NOT drain), and oil. Stir in dry ingredients and beat well. Stir in grated cheese and if desired, green chilis and crumbled bacon just until combined. Pour into well-greased 9x13-inch baking dish. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes. Serves 10-12.
This is a good savory cornbread. I didn't add the chili's or bacon only because I wanted the kids to try it and I wasn't sure they would with the add ins. But I think they would add some great texture and flavor to this cornbread!
A really simple and sweet cornbread is to take a box of cornbread mix and a box of yellow cake mix and prepare them as the boxes instruct. Mix together and cook! This kind goes great with chili!
Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment