Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Budwig Cream

After hearing about how Clayton ate Budwig Cream, a sort of yogurt/fruit concoction, for breakfast everyday towards the end of his mission, we decided to try it out. I've combined several recipes into this one. I'd love to get Clayton to post his version (or comments on this one) as well.

(Serves 1)
INGREDIENTS:
1/2 c. Plain Yogurt (or Cottage Cheese)
2 t. Flaxseed Oil (You can also use ground flax seed or sunflower oil) (We use this)
1/2 Lemon (juiced)
1/2 or 1 Banana (mashed)
2 T. Grain (Can be granola, cereal, oats, etc...)
1 T. Honey or Agave Nectar (We use this)
6-8 Nuts, sliced or crushed (Almonds or Walnuts)
1/4-1/2 c. Seasonal Fruit (Strawberries, Mango, Blueberries, Raspberries, Apple, etc...)


Measure the yogurt into a bowl. Add the flax seed oil and whisk it together (I usually use a fork). Squeeze the lemon into the yogurt mixture and whisk together until it is blended. Add the remaining ingredients and stir together. Enjoy!

This makes a great breakfast that is wonderfully healthy and keeps you satisfied for hours. It's also rumored to have curative powers. :) Substitutions are welcome - we change things up quite a bit and sometimes we even add a little cinnamon. Enjoy!

1 comment:

mamasteph said...

Just saw that you added this! Sounds good! I'll have to try it out!