Sunday, April 1, 2012

Pepsi Roast

I came across this recipe this week and was intrigued. The combination of ingredients seemed interesting and Val had suggested a roast for conference Sunday, so I thought, what the heck, let's give this a try! I have to say we all loved it! The flavors meld well together and the end result is a tender roast with amazing flavor! And it's easy! Score!

3-4 lb roast
1 envelope of onion soup mix
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1 12 oz can of Pepsi (or 1 1/2 cups)

Place roast in crock pot. Sprinkle onion soup mix over the roast. Mix together the soup and the Pepsi. Pour over roast. Cover and cook on low at least 6 hours. I actually sliced an onion and threw that in too. I read reviews where people also added potatoes, but my crock pot wasn't big enough, so I made homemade mashed potatoes. (the kids eat that better any ways!) I took approximately 2 cups of drippings at the end of the cooking time and put it in a pan on the stove. I added some flour and milk (I put these 2 ingredients in a covered jar and shook them really well so there were no clumps first and then added them in while whisking the entire time) and it turned to gravy almost immediately. Like less then 2 minutes total!

The kids loved it and it is definitely a roast I will make again! No fuss and tastes great! Enjoy!

No comments: