Saturday, April 7, 2012

Baked Eggs

I came across something on Pinterest a couple of weeks ago and wanted to try it out! We always hard-boil SO many eggs come Easter time, I feel like I've got at least 4 pots of eggs going at once! The method I saw was to bake rather than boil the eggs, so I thought I'd give it a shot! Supposedly it is a less temperamental way to cook eggs. You don't have to worry about the yolk turning colors other than yellow and they say it makes them less rubbery. Plus they are supposed to be easier to peel! A major bonus! And you can cook A TON at a time! So here is the simple method!

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Place eggs either directly on rack or in muffin tins (one to a spot). Bake in oven for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and place in an ice bath to stop the eggs from cooking further. When they are cooled either eat them or store them in the fridge! Easy peasy! They may have a few brown marks but this doesn't always happen and it doesn't affect the outcome!




No comments: