Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Pulled Pork, Memphis style!

I came up with this recipe on my own after looking around to see how to make my own comparable version of Corky's famous barbeques pulled pork. I think it is quite tasty and it is super easy!

onions
pork roast
seasonings
bbq sauce

Dice onions and place in botton of a roaster pan. Season with whatever you desire! I use garlic salt/powder and grandpa salt. Then place the pork roast on top of the onions and season that as well. Fill the roaster pan with water until it completely covers the roast. Cook on a low temperature (approximately 250-300 degrees) for several hours. (The lower the temp, longer you will want to cook!) The longer you cook it the more moist it is! When it is done cooking, drain the water (make sure you keep the onions!) and shredd the pork with a couple of forks. It should shred REALLY easily! Cover with bbq sauce and heat through! I hope you like it!

1 comment:

M {3 said...

Your dad made some yesterday and it is really tasty! Thanks Memphisans(?)