I was looking for new Christmas cookie recipes and stumbled upon this one off of the Kraft foods website (which I love!). I made them yesterday and they are divine! They remind me a great deal of the molten chocolate lava cakes! And peppermint and chocolate are an amazing combination--definitely one of my favorites!!! Enjoy!
6 squares BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate
3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1-3/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp. CALUMET Baking Powder
1/3 cup crushed candy canes
MICROWAVE chocolate and butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 min. or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Add sugar; mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing until well blended after each addition. Add combined flour and baking powder; mix well. (Dough will be very soft.) Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
HEAT oven to 350°F. Roll heaping teaspoonfuls of dough into 1-inch balls. Place, 2 inches apart, on greased baking sheets.
BAKE 10 to 12 min. or until tops are set. (Do not overbake.) Immediately sprinkle with crushed candy. Press them gently into the cookie to make sure they stay in place. Cool 1 min. on baking sheets. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds so good, even if I become Mr. Hyde(get it) with chocolate.
Post a Comment