Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Lemon Bars

I found this recipe one day when I was craving lemon bars and absoluely loved how they turned out! Perfect lemony flavor!!!

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 inch pan. (I have lined the pan with parchment paper and then greased that, and I think it works better!)

In a medium bowl, stir together:
2 cups flour
1 cup powder sugar

Blend into above mix:
1 cup melted butter

Press the crust mixture in the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.

Beat in large bowl:
4 eggs

Combine(whisk so no lumps):
2 cups sugar
1 teas. baking powder
1/4 cup flour

Stir the sugar mixture into the eggs. Finally, stir in:
1/2 cup plus 2 T. lemon juice

Pour into the prepared crust and return to the oven for 30 minutes or until bars are set. Allow to cool completely before cutting into the bars!

No comments: