Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Ebleskivers

Ingredients:
6 eggs - separated
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp soda
2 cups buttermilk
1 cup flour
juice of 1 lemon

Alternative ingredients:
4 eggs separated
1/2 tsp salt
1 T sugar
1 tsp baking powder
2 cups milk
2 cups flour
1/4 cup oil

Beat egg whites with salt and sugar until stiff.
Beat egg yolks until lemon colored. Add baking powder, baking soda, lemon, 1 cup buttermilk and flour and mix well. Add remaining buttermilk and mix. Then fold in egg whites.

Cook in hot greased Ebleskiver pan - too hot and they burn, not hot enough it takes forever and may be doughy. You can put in a small piece of fruit or apple sauce in the middle of the dough before flipping. We like them with butter and powdered sugar.

1 comment:

mamasteph said...

Thank you, thank you! I'm excited I found my pan and I can't wait to make these for the kids!