Thursday, February 26, 2009

Alfredo Sauce

I stole this recipe from my friend Christie and it is awesome!!! Way delicious and better then any restaurants in my opinion. :)


1 pint heavy cream
1 stick of butter
2-3 tbsp. Cream Cheese
3/4 cups of Parmesan Cheese
1-2 tsp. garlic powder or garlic salt

Simmer Cream, butter and cream cheese until well melted.
Then add the Parmesan Cheese and garlic and let simmer for 15-20 minutes on low heat.

*You'll probably want stir every few minutes so the cheese doesn't settle at the bottom. While it's simmering for the 15-20 minutes, it's a good time to cook the pasta. I always add a couple of tbsp. of olive oil to the noodles while its cooking so they don't stick together.

*Also, to make a low fat version, I use fat free half & half instead of heavy cream, fat free cream cheese, Smart Balance Butter, and low fat Parmesan and I think it tastes pretty similar :)

Enjoy!

1 comment:

mamasteph said...

Yum! Can't wait to try it! :)