1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
1 can evaporated milk
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
I usually heat this in the microwave several minutes at a time, stirring every 2-3 minutes or so. As you cook it, you will have to stir more frequently. Make sure this is in a large enough bowl so that it doesn't overflow--it is not fun to clean up! When it starts to boil continue cooking--the texture of this mixture will change all of a sudden. I don't think you can really overcook it in the microwave though. Just remember that it will harden some as it cools. I know you can also cook this over the stovetop, you just have to stir it constantly so that it does not burn.
This recipe is SO easy and SO good! It is delicious over ice cream and anything else you enjoy caramel on!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment