Thursday, August 21, 2008

Molten Chocolate Cakes

This is the recipe from Kraft Foods and I am obsessed with it! Steph and Mom discovered it just before my 18th birthday and we had it for birthday cake and I have been making it ever since! If I have more than 4 people, I double it!

4 squares bakers semi-sweet baking chocolate (or I use unsweetened)
1/2 cup butter
1 cup powdered sugar
2 eggs
2 egg yolks
6 Tbsp four
Cool Whip or Whipping Cream (preffered :)

Preheat oven to 425 F. Butter 4 ramekins (custard cups). Place on baking sheet.

Microwave chocolate and 1/2 cup butter ina large microwavable bowl on HIGH 1 min or until butter is melted. Stir with whisk until chocolate is completely melted. Stir in sugar until well blended. Whisk in eggs and egg yolks. Stir in flour. Divide batter between prepared custard cups.

( I usually place the ramekins on a cookie sheet so they are easy to put in/take out)
Bake 13-14 minutes or until sides are firm but centers are soft. Let stand 1 min. Carefully run small knife around cake edge. Invert cakes onto dessert dishes. Serve immediately each topped with cool whip or whipped cream!

2 comments:

mamasteph said...

Definitely one of my faves!

M {3 said...

I love it when you make these Mar:)